If you ask these questions before hiring a home remodeling company in Los Angeles, you will have more control over the quality of the work. You should also make sure that the home remodeling company you hire has a written guarantee. There is no point in getting a remodeling job done if it isn’t going to be completed to your satisfaction.
Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Home Remodeling Company in Los Angeles
Are you a California licensed contrator?
Without a license number, contractors are not legally permitted to work in Los Angeles. Hiring Unlicensed Contractors Can Cost You.
What is your liability insurance policy and amount of coverage?
Ask the company to provide a copy of their insurance policy. You should also ask for a copy of the liability insurance policy. This will cover you if you are liable for damage or injury to any property or person during the project. You want to make sure that your contractor is insured because you do not want to be held liable if there is an accident during the project.
What will the project cost? Make sure there are no hidden fees.
It is easy to assume that because a company is offering you the least expensive rate, they are the best company to work with. In some cases this may be true but there are other factors to consider. If you find that estimates from two companies differ significantly, ask questions regarding the reason behind the difference. The more information you can gather, the easier it will be for you to decide which company is the best.
Do they have references and reviews? Check the company’s reputation
Ask people you know and find out how they benefited from working with the company in question. If you have neighbors who have recently used a home remodeling company, talk to them to see what they liked and didn’t like about their experience. If a company has several unsatisfied customers, you need to look elsewhere.
Are materials covered in the fee or an extra charge?
You need to find out what materials are included in the price quotation and do they offer guarantees?
Do they offer payment plans?
Be sure to understand how and when you will pay all fees and inquire about payment plans.
Why should you hire Eden Builders to remodel your LA area home?
- We specialize in Home additions, ADU’s, Kitchen remodeling, and Bathroom remodeling.
- Our company can tackle any remodeling project with a minimum project cost of $25K.
- Eden Builders is fully Licensed in the state of California.
- Our License is a B – General Contractor – CSLB License #891510.
- We carry a $15,000 bond as required by California law and $1,000,000 Liability Insurance.
- We provide an unprecedented 1-year service warranty on all the labor we do.
- We pass on the manufacturer’s warranty for all materials we purchase for our clients. Many of these are lifetime.
- We accept checks, credit cards, cash and can also offer financing. Ask us for details.
- We can supply references and be sure to checkout our excellent reviews from happy homeowners.